"Know your library tradition, savor it, steal from it, but when you sit down to write, forget about worshiping greatness and fetishizing masterpieces." (c.) Allegra Goodman
In the life of every person, there are very important occasions determining their own fate including getting into college, job talks, etc. At these moments, a person should concentrate all their efforts to get a success.
Writing a diagnostic essay is a very important step in the life of every student. It requires a hard work and painstaking from the student. When it comes to writing this type of academic paper, a student should demonstrate all their pieces of the knowledge and skills that they have gotten during studying at school.
It helps the instructor determine the abiturient's level of preparing. This essay can be a response for a prompt or an answer to the question.
Having checked this paper, an instructor also can determine which skills a student needs to get to meet requests of the course. To write a successful diagnostic essay, you should use some pre-writing techniques to create a real masterpiece and divide your time effectively. This is the first step you will need to get into college.
There are three main parts the academic paper is divided on, including an introduction, a body paragraph, and a conclusion. The three main components should be written in a proper way and create a comprehensive composition.
How to Create an Introduction?
Every piece of writing consists of three main parts including an introduction, a body component, and a conclusion. Everything begins with the introduction and thesis. This is a door a reader will open to travel to the exciting country of the composition. The beginning of the paper should grab the reader's attention.
There are a lot of literature techniques including quotations, proverbs, aphorisms, rhetorical questions, jokes, statistics, examples from your own life to help you catch a reader's attention. After you have gained this main purpose of the paragraph, you should continue it with a description of the problem or topic you should cover in the essay. This part consists of one or several sentences. And the main part of the introduction is a strong thesis statement. This is a basis of the successful essay.
How Does a Good Thesis Statement Look Like?
- A strong thesis statement has to be brief and laconic. It should tell a reader the main point of the paper located in one or two sentences. They will provide a reader an answer to their main question why a reader should read this essay. This component of the text shouldn't be spreading but focus the attention of the reader on the main objective of the paper. This is very important because if you write a failed thesis statement, you will not get a good grade.
For instance, One of the most basic causes of the environmental degradation is land damage.
- The next characteristic the thesis has to have is an analysis. You shouldn't provide a reader of generally accepted fact, that everybody knows. You should create an interesting claim that you are going to provide with arguments during the body component of the essay.
- You should provide a thesis statement with an evaluation or your opinion about the problem. This is a very important component of the thesis because the audience wants to get to know an opinion about a social or another issue you are telling about, not just a fact. In the body paragraph, you will reflect your opinion in detail to allow the reader to dive into the issue deeply and understand the severity of the problem.
- Your thesis should be clear for every reader in view of that your paper is intended for the different audience. And if you use some difficult for understanding words, you should provide them with definitions and explain them.
- When you are writing a thesis, you should avoid jargonisms, slang words, professional words, and other rare used vocabulary not to confuse a reader.
- Your thesis should be focused, narrow and crisp to shoot in the eye. Having read the statement, a reader should understand completely what this essay is about and which problem an author is going to discuss.
- Avoid abstract concepts including "evil", "welfare", "society". Such kind of words litter your paper and make it superficial.
How to Write Body Paragraphs?
A body component is very important too because allows a reader to cover the topic in detail and argue the main claim. It can consist of one or several paragraphs completely presenting the main issue which you want to solve. Each body paragraph should be connected to the previous one due to the transition sentence. Otherwise, your essay seems to be incoherent.
When it comes to writing a body component, you should provide your thesis statement with persuasive arguments to prove your claim. Also, you should illustrate every argument with a bright example from your life or the literature. It will make the text of the essay rich and interesting.
How to Write a Conclusion?
Writing a conclusion, you should mention all the arguments you have written in the body component. This is a brief summary of the text helping an audience to focus on the main moments of the essay. For instance, if you are writing a solve a problem essay, in the conclusion you should repeat the main statements of the ways to solve a problem.
In the conclusion, you should restate the main points of the introduction and the body components. This part of the essay is resembling an essence of the previous paragraphs.
To write a diagnostic essay, the writer can use different pre-writing techniques to become a successful writer. When you have a prompt for the diagnostic essay, you should calculate your time to make it on time. You should set aside at least 10 percent of the time for prewriting tasks.
If you have 50 minutes for fulfilling all the assignment, you should set aside around 5 minutes to read the prompt and create the structure of the essay. Also, you need to waste around 5 minutes for the brainstorm. It helps you write the main ideas you are going to develop in the essay. You can also write a thesis statement on the paper and inscribe arrows from it to write down arguments to support and develop your main idea. This scheme will help you write a diagnostic essay successfully.